Oct 20, 2009

Now I Know The Word STRESSED

I know my responsibilities are quite heavy, one mistake and I could accidentally kill a person..

Ok, I'm exaggerating...but it is still quite serious.

This is what happened. I forgot to run a conformation test for the serum which the doctor requested to check for syphilis. I'm just went into Serology department for the second day, and already make mistakes. Luckily Biochemistry department haven't run the serum for other biochemical test when I realized my mistakes, or I'll have explanations to do. Syphilis is curable nowadays, but it still could be fatal. What if my mistakes causes the diagnosis to be late, and 'killed' the client in the end? Imagine if I did the same mistakes when screening for HIV...

My parents are in KL for the second day, but are too busy to find me, plus I didn't dare to go and find them myself, cause my dad would have to fetch me all the way back to kelana jaya. I'm a good girl ok? Dun wanna trouble my dad.. I'm in such a bad mood....haiz...

More updates on internship later..

Right now, I juz wanna sulk...

2 comments:

cheery said...

o.o~ seems that almost everyone is in the same boat... patients lifes are in their hands!! Haha.. not me la.. im slacking and sulking at home..=.=

ps: Im a good listener too :)

Jaydon said...

I dunno your situation. But I have a similar case when determine the blood group. And I was scolded gao gao for not labelling the patient's name. But, at least I know how serious if the blood group is messed up. Sure is fatal!!!