Sep 8, 2009

When stress becomes distress

I remember reading an article in The Star months ago about STRESS..

Basically, stress could be differentiated into two categories: EUSTRESS and DISTRESS

Eustress: gives one a feeling of fulfillment, positive feeling = healthy stress

Distress: negative stress, pain, anxiety, etc...


The condition of me yesterday: stress
The condition of me now: distress? nope, more like BREAKING DOWN!

Is it just me? Felt like the syllabus is at least twice or trice as much compared to last semester..

Was studying physiology last night, rushing like hell, trying to finish at least once....suddenly my mind starts to nag me about biochemistry. So, I prepare a list of pathway, close my eyes, and cincai randomly pick a pathway...voila, gluconegenesis. Took me more than 5 minutes to write it down, plus forgotten the enzyme phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase.

Was studying microbiology just now, suddenly think about abscisic acid..

Tried to sleep the moment I felt tired, but keep tossing n turning around until I'm fed up. Give up sleep, continue study, but my mind felt sooooo saturated.

OMG? No point asking for God's or Buddha's help right now..continue study!!

No comments: