Sep 18, 2009

Sleeping Phobia?

According to Wikipedia...

Somniphobia: persistently abnormal fear of sleep. This condition is often triggered by maladaptive or psychological triggers such as PSTD (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder)

Nope, I didn't have any of those. Never been in trauma..

Been facing insomnia for more than a week. Took more than an hour trying to fall asleep. Exam period. Stress. Quiet normal for students, is it?

But when I finally get to sleep without waking up every 30 minutes, I started to have really weird long dreams that shift from scene to scene, especially when I was sleeping at night. So weird because it seems so real, makes me really uncomfortable..

Can't recall how many weird dreams I had made this week alone....Great, now I'm afraid of sleeping...

I'm emotionally exhausted. Sooo tired...

5 comments:

~eRiC~ said...

well... im having the same thing.. insomnia i think.. due to stress probably.. have never felt like this before.. took me more than an hour to sleep. but no weird dreams lar.. ahha. i tink it's normal lar, we are all in extreme stress..

Unknown said...

...hmm all this can b due to lack of sleep n stress due 2 exam lo....weird dream of coz is stress n worrying n if u still remember the dream that mean ur sleep is not enough coz if got dream usually ppl cannot recall thm the nxt morning...

rexyion said...

ok...normally it took me 1 hour to sleep...been doing a lot of thinking just before sleeping time...of cause all nonsense thought...but exam time, take me 3 hours just to sleep!!

cheery said...

wow u can lay there for 1 hour waiting patiently for sleep to come? I cant wait, auto get frustrated and in the end get up continue studying=.= wha kind of weird dreams? Maybe coz of stress?

Rebecca said...

eric: haha, we are all the same then.. now got 3 days 'break' in between, time to catch up some SLEEP!

Hongleong: i kept waking up n up and up..i didn't remember the whole dream, but like scenes of it..

peisin: wah, 3 hours? i'll give up d lo...study instead...

cheery: hehe, no choice, no sleep= blur case during exam..weird dreams as in..hm, snakes, people getting some sort of hypnotized diseases, an indian girl wearing saree, back facing me, keep running and running...weird right? ewww...